Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Can flaky People Make Good Partners

I got to love eharmony for sending me email about dating advice. Normally I would just delete them but I want to try dating again and well just " forming friendship and keep friendships with guys."

I hope from just reading the title, all you girls out there  SAY NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  If you read this article, Can Flaky People Make Good Partners. You will see your gut is right!!!

Key points from this article I would like to point out that I found no matter what kind of relationship you are in, friends with someone, boyfriend/ girlfriend this is key NOT TO BE.
 " he was flaky, as in unreliable and irresponsible. He often did not follow through on what he promised he’d do"
they later say this.." 
This is also from the article that I felt was key: 
" This is a critical factor for singles to evaluate. After all, numerous studies have shown that long-term romantic partners rate reliability as a key ingredient for relational happiness. At the heart of the matter is a person’s dependability: Can I believe you when you promise to do something? Do I have to wonder if you’ll drop the ball? Do I need to expend my mental and emotional energy worrying that you’ll come through?" 


I have dealt with kind of flakiness in dating and even in friends. It is very discouraging to have these qualities in people you consider  a " friend."  NO ONE DESERVES TO BE let down... ESPECIALLY MORE THAN ONCE!!!!!! Usually if they are guy and I have only gone on a couple of dates and you are showing you are flaky, I toss you away. I delete you from my life and it is no big deal.. Now, if it someone you have formed a friendship with, I feel it is key to bring up your concerns so maybe the other person is aware, and talk it through because honestly I don't think  people would get so upset with flakyness if they didn't care about the person. 


What is your opinion on flaky people? Do you even bother with them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment