Friday, March 25, 2011

What Not To Wear!

This Friday night I am chilling at home, and ended up watching a rerun of one of my old time favorite shows that I use to watch every day after school my Junior year in college. It is the show: WHAT NOT TO WEAR!!
I use to get all my fashion advice from them. I loved looking at all the stores the people went to and how I could fashionably enhance my wardrobe. 

The show is about how outside appearances, such as your clothes can have an impact on how you view yourself on the inside. One show that particularly stands out to me and sorta hit me hard, was about this lovely lady, Aleisha. The reason I liked her because I could relate the old me to that. She had very low self esteem and didn't believe that where she is now in her life, is special and that she deserves to be where she is and deserves to feel " beautiful."  I could relate to that.  I can also relate to the baggage people release when they change up  hair and makeup

Look at this pretty transformation 

Then look at the before: 

This simple transformation showed the inter confidence she truly had! After the show was over she finally was having a positive attitude and said that she is and was finding inner confidence! 

So, this is to people struggling with their self worth and believing in themselves!!! ALSO to the old me!!! The me 3 YEARS AGO :)  and that making little changes can make a huge difference on how you VIEW YOURSELF!!

*If you want to watch the show and you have Ondemand Aleisha is ONDEMAND! OTHERWISE check What Not To Wear on TLC

No comments:

Post a Comment