Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good Bye Facebook

I am saying good bye to this communication addiction for Lent. It hasn't even been a week yet and I am tempted to check it. The reason I want to give up checking facebook is because facebook was a time sucker. I literally would check it before I left for school. I would check it on my phone during lunch time. I would come home and check it and then probably ten other times before I went to bed. Right before I went to bed I was on it.  If I wrote an email to someone or posted something on someone's wall I would go on even more to check if they responded. On the weekends was the worst because if I didn't have anything planned I would go on facebook twice as much as during the week to look at different people's pages.  So, I told people to email me call/ text me. That way I have more time communicating with my "live" friends and not being so consumed with the internet world.

I am benefiting from doing this even tho it is VERY HARD! I now only check my gmail twice a day. I now check the news on yahoo and I spend my time doing other things. My obsession now is playing my Wii Fit. That is more productive because I am getting fit instead of just sitting on my butt.

What did you give up for Lent?

1 comment: