Friday, March 4, 2011

Joys

Today is the last day of the week and I have been reflecting back on this easy week due to the fact that my little guy that I work with is home sick all week.

The things that make/ made me happy at work:

-Having 22 students from my Kindergarten class wave to me in the hallway and say  " hi Miss. Gerber/ Hi Mrs. Gerber" ( some of them still haven't grasped I am not married and know the difference.).
-Having one of my kindergarten students tell me he was going to karatee class after school and then proceeded to show me a move in the middle of the LMC.
-Having half of my first grade class wanting to work with me on math in a small group.
-Having some of my first graders skipping to Lexia.( Most of my students I work with do not like this computer game program)
-Having a kindergarten student telling me about a field trip that they are going on and then telling me that I will be going with them. I told the student I knew that but I had to keep it a secret. :)
-Last but not least, visiting one of my kindergarten classes in gym and having one of the boys run over to me and say " Hi Miss. Gerber" while giving me a hug!
Those little things put a big smile on my face.

What puts a smile on your face during your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment