Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dark Tunnel of Inspiration!!!

When I was a Junior year in college I was raped a month after my birthday, and from age 21 till I turned 24 I was in a dark tunnel. I was in a tunnel of crap trying to pull myself out so I could reach for the light that was at the end. In this tunnel, I was struggling with my self worth and dealing with a very "toxic " relationship. What helped me keep reaching for the light was music. 
ON every playlist on my ipod I had these collection of songs that had a positive message that made me realize as tough as things were I could get out. I could survive!!

To this day I still listen to this Britney Spears song because it reminds me that I am a strong person!



Lost: By Coldplay! I felt like I was lost and in this song there was message of hope for me. 

I spent one night for 2 hrs listening and watching this song Ondemand because I knew it could relate to me, and that I could " find God" or light in my tunnel. 

These are the songs that got me through some tough times. So, if you are ever  having a tough day and need some inspiration come check these out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment